VisBug is a developer tool made by Google to help designers, developers, project managers, quality assurance testers and others, interact with and manipulate web sites and pages without diving into code. It has a visually intuitive interface which lets users edit pages by simply drag-and-dropping elements into place with just a few point-and-clicks.
VisBug is available as a Chrome extension and can be installed from the Chrome Web Store.
After installing VisBug press Alt + Shift + D to launch the extension. You can only edit existing pages (not build web pages from scratch).
The main interface is a toolbar on the left side of a screen. You can use it to do the following:
● Move, delete, cut, copy, paste, duplicate, group and ungroup any element
● Change any text
● Change colors, brightness, hue, and saturation
● Change typography
● Change spacing (padding and margins)
● Change any image or background image
Here are a few scenarios where you might want to use these features:
1. To fix or test copy
2. Delete ads from pages
3. Try out an ad, hero image, or new product right in production
4. Showcase why client’s changes (color, copy, etc.) will or won’t work
5. Fix front-end bugs
6. Reorder content
VisBug is a great tool for everyone, which helps teams and clients communicate faster and more efficiently.
If you’re having trouble coming up with a strategy for your website and want to generate and convert more leads contact us. Take advantage of our FREE website analysis and 20 minute consultation. Talk to one of our web experts and get real advice on how to make your website work for you.