Policy and Procedures
Effective date: September 15, 2020
This page is dedicated to keeping you, the client or potential client, informed of our various policies in place covering legal, privacy and other matters. Click the button to find the information you are looking for.
From the overwhelming number of highly satisfied customers who began referring their friends and business associates, we created a referral program for clients to give them compensation for sending us leads who sign up for services. To take advantage of our referral program, simply reach out to us by using this Referral Form, or have them contact us directly and reference you for referring them to us. You will receive a one-time 10% commission in store credit (can be used for future website designs, builds or existing site maintenance) when your referral signs up for their first project with Graphem!
Terms & Conditions
While our Terms and Conditions may vary slightly between contracts, these are otherwise the Terms and Conditions that are understood to generally apply in the broad scope of our work. The following apply as written here and as amended from time to time.
Term of Agreement
The term of this Agreement (the “Term”) will begin on the date when Services are approved by a Client, which may or may not involve the date of a deposit, and will remain in full force and effect until the completion of the Services, subject to earlier termination as provided in this Agreement. The Term may be extended with the written consent of the Parties.
In the event that either Party wishes to terminate this Agreement prior to the completion of the Services, that Party will be required to provide 10 days’ written notice to the other Party.
The Contractor will charge the Client an agreed sum for the Services requested or approved. If other requests are added later on, the Client will be billed in addition to this sum.
A quoted project (opposed to an hourly-based project) is given a buffer to run a maximum of 20% over the budget in the proposal document which expense is absorbed by the Contractor. For any time required beyond the 20% buffer, the Client will be charged hourly at the most current available rates to complete the project. Advance warning would be issued in the event this became necessary.
The Client will be invoiced on an agreed upon schedule. Invoices submitted by the Contractor to the Client are typically due within five days of receipt. Any sales tax and duties required by law will be charged to the Client in addition to the Compensation.
Confidential information (the “Confidential Information”) refers to any data or information relating to the business of the Client which would reasonably be considered to be proprietary to the Client including, but not limited to, accounting records, business processes, and client records and that is not generally known in the industry of the Client and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorized by the Client or as required by law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the Term and will survive indefinitely upon termination of this Agreement.
All written and oral information and material disclosed or provided by the Client to the Contractor under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Contractor.
In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for service.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
All intellectual property and related material, including any trade secrets, moral rights, goodwill, relevant registrations or applications for registration, and rights in any patent, copyright, trademark, trade dress, industrial design and trade name (the “Intellectual Property”) that is developed or produced under a General Services Agreement, will be the sole property of the Client. The use of the Intellectual Property by the Client will not be restricted in any manner.
Graphem Solutions Inc. (“the Contractor”) may not use the Intellectual Property for any purpose other than that contracted for, except with the written consent of the Client. The Contractor will be responsible for any and all damages resulting from the unauthorized use of the Intellectual Property.
Upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement, the Contractor will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
In the event that an agreement is terminated by the Client prior to completion of services, the Contractor will be entitled to recovery from the site or premises where the services were carried out, of any materials or equipment which is the property of the Contractor or, where agreed between the parties, to compensation in lieu of recovery.
Promotion and Attribution
The Contractor reserves the right to reproduce, publish and display the services provided to the Client, to the extent they do not contain Confidential Information, in the Contractor’s portfolios, website, and other media or exhibits for the purposes of recognition of creative excellence or professional advancement, and to be credited with authorship of the services. The Contractor also reserves the right to perform a case study of the Client’s website, and include a backlink on the Client’s website to the Contractor.
If you have any questions about this page, please contact us:
Effective date: November 20, 2018
Graphem Solutions Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://graphem.com website and communicates in person or electronically to provide web design and development (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service Service is the https://graphem.com website operated by Graphem Solutions Inc.
- Personal Data Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Graphem Solutions Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Graphem Solutions Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Graphem Solutions Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/adsGoogle also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.